Evaluating Deception: Diagnostic and Treatment Applications of Minimization and Exaggeration
Presented by Dr. Shawn McDaniel
Friday, May 26, 8 - 10 AM
University of St. Mary
4500 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS
This presentation will provide a brief overview of methods of accurately detecting and incorporating dissimulation of psychological symptoms into assessment and treatment decision-making.
1. Gain an accurate understanding of symptom validity terminology.
2. Increase appreciation of assessing dissimulation of various types of conditions.
3. Learn to identify the best methods for appraising validity of various psychological symptoms and conditions.
4. Learn to accurately incorporate validity findings with diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
5. Review best practices in documenting results that involve dissimulation practices.
Receive 2 CEUs.
Cost: Free for GKCPA members, $15 for non-members payable at the door by check or cash, or online when you register.