Interested in trauma and need 6 CE credits in diagnosis?
Attend this one-day workshop on the (new) DSM-5 category, trauma and stressor-related disorders, and learn about the diagnoses in this category and what they means for your practice.
Due to the popularity of this workshop, a new, larger location has been secured.
Participants completing this workshop will be able to do the following by the end of the day:
- Name the diagnoses included in this new DSM category.
- Describe when and for whom to each diagnosis should be given.
- State the three new PTSD symptoms in the DSM-5 and the rationale for these changes.
- Utilize at least 3 assessment tools to determine whether a client might be suffering from PTSD.
- Name 5 key brain areas impacted by trauma and stressor-related disorders.
- Describe what an updated definition of PTSD means for the treatment of traumatized clients.
Your registration includes access to the assessment tools taught, as well as an ebook that provides a trauma treatment roadmap with multiple tools you can start using with clients immediately!
About the Speaker:
Dr. Jennifer Sweeton is a licensed clinical psychologist, author, and internationally-recognized expert on anxiety and trauma, women's issues, and the neuroscience of mental health. She completed her doctoral training at the Stanford University School of Medicine, the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, and the National Center for PTSD. Additionally, she holds a master's degree in affective neuroscience from Stanford University, and studied behavioral genetics at Harvard University. Dr. Sweeton resides in the greater Kansas City area, where she owns a group private practice, Kansas City Mental Health Associates.
Workshop sponsored by Kansas City Mental Health Associates
COST: GKCPA Members are free, Non-members $75.
The new location for the workshop will be the KU Edwards campus:
Regents Center, Room #110, 12600 Quivira Road
Overland Park, KS 66213
Non-members of GKCPA click here to register.
GKCPA Members click the button below to register.